I was delighted to represent PeraHealth and participate in the Becker's Hospital Review Health IT + Clinical Leadership 2018 conference in Chicago earlier this month, where I demonstrated the gold-standard Rothman Index and attended informative education sessions.
With patient safety at the forefront, this Becker's conference attracted hospital and health system CMOs, CNOs, and health IT executives. Our concentration at PeraHealth on using data in a hospital's existing electronic health record (EHR) to quantify and visualize patient deterioration, risk and improvement in real time, matched well with conversation on current and emerging healthcare technology trends in these timely discussion tracks.
- Health IT and Clinical Leadership, Best Uses, AI and Predictive Analytics
- Telehealth, Remote Care and More
- EHRs, Cyber Security, Clinician Burnout and More
- Thought Leadership
- Population Health and Data Analytics
- Nursing and Clinical Leadership
Additionally, I experienced conference highlights from some of PeraHealth’s partner health systems
- Katherine Walsh, BS, DrPH, RN, Chief Nursing Officer for Houston Methodist Hospital, spoke on the keynote panel, “Health IT and Clinical Leadership.” She shared how Houston Methodist has achieved results including decreased mortality rates. Read PeraHealth’s recent case study, “Houston Methodist Implements Proactive Nurse Practitioner Rounding Using PeraTrend™”.
- Chris DeRienzo, MD, MPP, Chief Quality Officer from Mission Health, presented a breakout session on “Building a Data-Driven Culture of Continuous Improvement.” Dr. DeRienzo shared how Mission Health has implemented a reliable Enterprise Data Warehouse, increased sepsis bundle compliance, and reduced mortality. View Dr. DeRienzo’s slides.
Access the Becker’s Hospital Review website for the full set of downloadable conference presentation archives.
This conference was a great opportunity for us to share clinical surveillance strategies with other healthcare professionals and learn from other attendees. In the PeraHealth booth, we also promoted the new Rothman Society for Innovation and Research.
The Society’s current research is focused on two major healthcare issues: sepsis and readmissions. The research team is in the midst of a study to expand how the RI can best be used to help predict readmission risk and enable reduced readmission rates over time.
Registration is still open for the first Rothman Society webinar on June 7, 2018, from 1-2 p.m. ET, for an update on in-progress research and the Society’s next steps.
Our team looks forward to presenting research results during next week’s webinar, and to seeing more PeraHealth partners sharing success stories at future industry events.